We often receive questions about how to register a helper with the police or verify Helper . So, one of our staff members visited the nearby police station and asked the officer there for help.
Here is what we were told:
- When you hire a new blue collared worker, especially for home, you must get them registered with the local police station. When you Verify they will check if there is no negative case in their jurisdiction, and will also have the details handy in case some untoward incident happens. The process is simple:
- Take a form from your local police station. You can also download it here.
- Fill the form with a passport photograph and aadhar card details of your domestic help.
- Submit the form at the police station.
- Get a photocopy counter signed by the police and keep it safe.
- If you need a character certificate from the Helper’s home town, visit https://pcs.mahaonline.gov.in/Forms/Home.aspx and fill in the details online. You DO NOT need to hire any agent to do this. It is a convenient self-help site, especially created by the police department for making life easier for all of us.